BOYS' HAVEN OF AMERICA, INC.
IT IS OUR MISSION TO PROVIDE A SAFE HAVEN WHERE AT RISK BOYS ARE INFLUENCED & INSPIRED TO BECOME RESPONSIBLE, INDEPENDENT MEN COMMITTED TO FAMILY & COMMUNITY.
* More than 1,500 boys have been served since its creation over 70 years ago
* Licensed to service 36 boys
* It costs Boys' Haven approximately $27,000 - $30,000 per boy per year
* Weekly & bi-weekly therapy provided by Licensed Professional Counselors
* Monthly medication reviews by Licensed Psychiatrist
* Tutoring and mentoring program
* On/off campus jobs
* Boys participate in Community 4-H, Equine Therapy, and various other activities
The Stable Spirits Riding Center provides equine therapy for our residents and many other facilities in our area. Therapeutic riding increases a student's self-esteem and self-confidence which they can use during everyday life. Increased attention, concentration, learning, and verbal skills are inherent in learning the skills necessary to ride successfully. The therapy promotes trust, impulse control, self-confidence and relationship building through natural consequences of the horse. The relationship that occurs between a rider and their horse can help overcome a rider's debilitating fears. As a rider learns that they have control of a horse, they can begin to learn that they can take control of themselves.
3655 North Major Drive
P.O. Box 5815
Beaumont, TX 77726